Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010 just isn't symmetric enough for me

I'm actually gonna take this space this time to do some reflecting, as it seems like as good a time as any. I was thinking the other day, looking back, it can really be said that the 2000s, the Aughts, the double zeros, or whatever other hokey name we come up with for this decade can really be called the formative decade of my life. I went from the age of 14 to 24. That's scary to think about. I know I have a lot more life in front of me and a lot more things to do, but it's weird to think of the decade like this. (These are broken into school years because that's how I live my life, August to August, not January to January like you Julius Caesar Lovers)
2000-1, Sophomore in higschool, at Tabor, the place I wanted to attend since I was in 2nd Grade.
2001-2, Junior Year, started the year off on the first day with the Twin Tower attacks, eerie that this was 9 years ago.
2002-3, Senior year, Debate League Champions, Baseball coach, Graduation in the rain, Senior week-first beer.
2003-4, College, Freshman Year, moved to a new state, lived on my own, met my best friend, this year is still the most jammed pack year of memories to date, I could talk for hours about these twelve months.
2004-5, Sophomore Year, First Kiss, first real girl fiasco, Improv started, Worst Room EVER in Lamppost.
2005-6, Junior Year, Carlise House, First Love, First F(Unfortunately not my last), acted in a College Play.
2006-7, Senior Year, Carlise House 2.0, Mormon Missionaries, DnD, Improv/Theatre DRAMA HOUSE!!!, Post IT Door.
2007-8, Senior Year 2.0, Broken Heart, rebounded too fast, New Years Eve Fiasco, World record Improv Show, got my second best friends.
2008-9, Senior Year 2.5, Got my own place(sorta), Ruby's Crew officially becomes second family, Graduated College, Moved to CHINA!!!!

And that is where we are. Alot has happened and I can only hope that just as much happens from now til 2020, as long as we make it over that 2012 bump.

Onto work, David, our new employee from the US arrived this week, and I am in charge of training him. I told him not to screw up because I want to be in charge of all training someday soon. What's better than teaching? Teaching teachers to teach. Only thing after that is teaching teachers to teach teachers how to teach! Anyways, back to the school, everything is going well, hiccups every so often but nothing my even temper and ability to let things slide can't deal with. As for what I've learned this week, I thought I would open it up to the whole decade and look back at the four most important things I've learned from the decade.

1) Make decisions you can live with, let everyone else deal with their own emotions on the matter.
2) Have a Father for a mechanic, if your Father isn't a mechanic, it might be worth seeking out a replacement or at the very least someone who can fill in part time.
3) Always be able to be counted on, so when you need someone to count on, they will be there or at the very least you can guilt trip them into being there for you.
4) Love is never something you should do cautiously, but that doesn't mean that thinking shouldn't be involved.

As for the funny story, I'll leave you with my favorite story from the Aughts. It's a very simple story, with grand implication. First week of college, I get bold and adventurous, and find my self back in a girl's room. We are watching a movie(the title escapes me) and I look over and her roommate has a boy in her bed too. Our eyes meet (No homo) and we share a quick hey what's up. And that is how the story of Nick and Cory begins.

Happy 2010 Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment