With the number 1 now preceding the words, "weeks left in the US", everything is coming at me rapid fire. My checklist of things to do is all but checked off, save the few things I have to do at the last minute, like cancel my phone and car. With each new thing checked off, it seems my anxiety levels rise linearly.
I bought Health Insurance, for about $400, which means that I am protected basically if I lose a limb or 7 gallons of blood, but short of that I am paying out of pocket or praying that my 2nd grade teacher taught me how to sew well enough to suture my own wound.
My Doctor's office lost my medical records and other than a routine physical last year has no record of me being there...EVER, which could be a problem later in life if I ever need to prove I have certain vaccinations. Luckily for China, no such proof is needed. So because of a combination of the following; I am cheap - 20%, I am lazy - 15%, I am stupid - 10%, I don't generally believe in vaccinations - 20%, I have faith in my immune system and laugh at sickness - 15%, and I am cheap - 20%, I have decided against further vaccinations other than the ones I currently have. The side effects of any illness I am likely to get, outside of rabies(So I'll just stay clear of animals) are not that bad and once you get it, you body builds up the antibodies so you don't get it again. The major culprit being Hepatitis A, which affects the liver and is my understanding that it makes you feel like you have a flu and the worst hangover ever, so it'll just be like I am having flashbacks to Junior year of college for a few weeks. As a bonus, my reduced liver function will make it easier for me to get drunk, thus saving more money and feeding into my cheapness.
Lastly, on the list of checks, I bought a web cam and microphone. I will be setting up a Skype account to talk to people, please bear in mind there is a 12 hour time difference, but i figure I'm usually awake when everyone is asleep so maybe now our schedules will sync up, like a hall full of freshman girls for Aunt Flo (Aunt Irma for you Brits).
In spite of all this chaos, I am trying to see as many friends and spend as much time as possible with family before I go. I have 4 amazing friends coming up from PA to spend varying amounts of time with me, which just tickles me so many shades of pink, I just looked down to make sure I am still a MAN, (I AM). To celebrate, I am hosting a cookout/drinkfest/have fun thingy at my dad's and although it has stirred some family emotions, everything will work out, because even if it doesn't, I am flying to China, and those problems don't have a seat aboard the plane. Mostly because problems don't have money or passports to speak of, but also because I called Homeland Security on them(the problems) and they are on the no-fly list. Take THAT potentials problems!
In the spirit of catching up with friends, I spent the other day with my favorite elementary school teacher, Steph. Also known as the 1st Chlebus twin. We talked about many things but I'll give you the highlights of our day.
1) Guys tell some horrible lies to get what they want in bed.
2) Girls generally believe said horrible lies.
3) Never trust Walid Habib Haman (sp?).
4) The North Dartmouth Mall has not gotten any better since 1995, as a matter of fact, other than store names changing, it is the same it was in 1995, it's like going back in time, but so much less fun and definitely a lot less sanitary.
5) Hallmark needs funnier, smarmier cards. If they don't do something about it soon, I will take matters into my own hands.
All in all, should be a very eventful week. I will leave you with my itinerary for the last two days in the US.
August 18th 11am - drop Bobby of at T.F. Green Airport - Providence, RI
1pm - Pick Brian up from T.F. Green Airport - Providence, RI
1pm-8pm - Do last minute shopping an packing
8pm - 12am - try and fall asleep
August 19th 12am - 2am - sleep
2am - wake up
4am - Arrive at Logan Airport - Boston, MA (If Logan Airport, for some ungodly reason no longer exist, drive to Toronto.)
6am - Fly out of Logan towards Toronto International Airport
8am - Arrive in Toronto
2pm - (If necessary, arrive in Toronto by Car. Use time traveled to contemplate why Logan wasn't there.)
2:30pm - Fly out of Toronto for Beijing
August 20th 4pm(Beijing time) - Arrive in Beijing, Jetlagged and tired (Still unsure why Logan wasn't there, but at least we made it to China!)
Friday, August 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment